Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The George Lucas Educational Foundation is dedicated to improving the K-12 learning process by documenting, disseminating, and advocating innovative, replicable, and evidence-based strategies that prepare students to thrive in their future education, careers, and adult lives.
Our vision is of a new world of learning, a place where students and parents, teachers and administrators, policy makers and the people they serve are all empowered to change education for the better; a place where schools provide rigorous project-based learning, social-emotional learning, and access to new technology; a place where innovation is the rule, not the exception; a place where students become lifelong learners and develop 21st-century skills, especially three fundamental skills:
- how to find information
- how to assess the quality of information
- how to creatively and effectively use information to accomplish a goal
It’s a place of inspiration and aspiration based on the urgent belief that improving education is the key to the survival of the human race. We call this place Edutopia, and we provide not just the vision for this new world of learning but the real-world information and community connections to make it a reality.
What We Do
We know that K-12 education can be better, but many people don’t know what better looks like. We recognize that for innovations to spread, educators and parents, as well as business and community leaders, must first see and understand the changes and opportunities. We pursue our mission through three primary sets of activities:
- producing Edutopia.org and related social media to inspire, inform and accelerate positive change in schools and districts by shining a spotlight on evidence-based strategies that improve learning and engagement for students
- growing a movement of change agents who share best practices and professional development to bring innovation to education and improve student achievement
- collaborating with researchers, teacher leaders and curriculum experts to provide more evidence to transform learning
- Elana Leoni
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!