Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Motivated by the love of God, our mission is to promote the development, reconciliationand restoration of individuals and families, by partnering together as loving neighbors within Franklinton and beyond.
Lower Lights Ministries provides relational, spiritual, and holistic development services to the community through various programs to move families and individuals from "get to give". Programs include:
- Franklinton Family Meal serves families in the neighborhood by providing a free and complete meal every Saturday night. A time of sharing and fellowship follows the meal to help families connect and invest in one another.
- Youth Menotring one-to-one mentoring of children (ages 6-13) to provide friendship, social support and encouragement. Mentoring is supervised on-site, for one hour, weekly on Thursday evenings, including sponsored activities. One year commitment requested.
- Light the Way Home is a service-enriched housing program that combines mentoring and case management to empower low-income families to overcome barriers and become Franklinton homeowners.
- Rachel's House serves female inmates of the State of Ohio and adult women ex-offenders as they re-enter society. By offering safe housing, mentoring, transportation assistance, employment services, and life-training skills, Rachels House seeks to provide comprehensive support for women as they accomplish the transition to their second chance at life.
- Project AIM Family/Individual Mentoring "Achieving Independence through Mentoring" Project AIM is a unique, outcome-oriented program that strives to promote self-sufficiency, strengthen families and individuals, and reduce isolation through mentoring, professional case management, and ongoing support. The program matches client families and individuals who are trying to break out of the cycle of poverty and dysfunction with adult volunteer mentors who can offer emotional and practical support, in addition to professional case management.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!