Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Eastside Village, PDX is to build a strong, lasting, intergenerational community and to engage and coordinate a network of trained volunteers and high quality service providers to ensure that our members are able to age at home and in community safely, affordably, happily and healthily for as long as they choose.
Modeled after Beacon Hill Village in Boston, Eastside Village PDX is not a building or a real estate development or a retirement community. Instead, it is a group of like-minded people who live on Portland’s east side who have come together to develop the resources they will need to age comfortably in their own homes. Village members live in their own neighborhoods and can be homeowners, renters, seniors sharing housing or living with relatives.
The Eastside Village, PDX service area will cover all or part of 13 Portland neighborhoods: Buckman, Kerns, Laurelhurst, Sunnyside, North Tabor, Montavilla, Hazelwood (west of 122nd), Hosford-Abernathy, Richmond, Mt Tabor, Mill Park, South Tabor, and Powellhurst-Gilbert (north of Powell).
Eastside Village, PDX is guided by the following values:
- Enabling people to age in community and do "as much for as little cost for as long as possible." To that end, we are a "volunteer first" village that develops smart, practical cost-effective ways to address our members’ needs.
- Recognizing and celebrating our mutual interdependence and our lasting commitment to each other over time.
- Fostering community and building strong, caring relationships.
- Appreciating the richness and diversity of our EastsideVillage, PDX neighborhoods.
- Being inclusive of and welcoming to people of all ages, races, faiths, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and gender identities, and socio-economic levels.
- Treasuring the willingness of the members of our Village and the wider community to volunteer their time and expertise in support of our mission, and striving to ensure that volunteers’ work with EastsideVillage, PDX is always meaningful and appreciated.
- Valuing inter-generational connections as an integral part of village life.
- Honoring the privacy, dignity, and independence of our members and volunteers.
- Protecting the security of our members and volunteers in dealing with vendors and service providers.
- Valuing the advice and opinions of our members and regularly soliciting their feedback on village programming and volunteer & vendor services.
- Fostering a climate of growth, exploration and lifelong learning in our community.
- Valuing and actively seeking opportunities for mutually beneficial partnerships and collaboration.
- Creating a village that is owned by its members and stewarded by community-elected servant leaders.
- Being transparent in our decision making and honest in all our dealings.
- Being innovative and agile with our programs and services; staying abreast of new approaches and technologies; responding gracefully to changing times and evolving member needs.
- Being committed to enduring and sustainable growth and the wise and prudent use of all EastsideVillage, PDX resources.
- Amy Morrison
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!