Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Jumpstart is working toward the day every child in America enter's school prepared to succeed.
Jumpstart Corps members have the unique opportunity to inspire young children to learn, serve in a local community, work on a team, and build professional skills. All Corps members receive professional-caliber training to help them implement Jumpstart’s outcome-based program, promote children’s school success, and build family involvement.
Corps members complete 200/300 hours of service during the school year. This intensive commitment will make a substantial impact in the life of a young child. During the school year, Corps members participate in the following activities:
- Serve part-time, 8-12 hours per week, during the school year, including:
- Jumpstart sessions with team and small groups of children, 4 hours per week (two sesssions per week for two hours each)
- Team planning meetings and session preparation, which includes planning, reflection, and/or training, 2-3 hours per week
- 1-5 hours each week in a preschool classroom during the regular school day (the number of hours in the classroom is determined on the total hours commitment for the year)
- 1 hour of individual planning and preparation for Jumpstart sessions
- Communicate with children’s family
- Participate in intensive pre-service and on-going trainings
- Attend periodic service days, often held on weekends
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!