Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of The Safe Schools Coalition: A Public-Private Partnership in Support of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth is to help schools - at home and all over the world - become safe places where every family can belong, where every educator can teach, and where every child can learn, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation.
Our role is to reduce bias-based bullying and violence in schools and to help schools better meet the needs of sexual minority youth and children with sexual minority parents/guardians locally, nationally and internationally, by ...
1. providing resources to schools (posters, publications),
2. raising parent/guardian, student, educator and community awareness (list serve, website, public speaking, media),
3. providing skill-based training for educators (administrators and other professional and paraprofessional staff),
4. serving as a technical advisory resource (to researchers, policy-makers, educators and activists -- students, parents/guardians, community members), and
5. conducting and disseminating research (to educators, policy-makers and activists).
The Safe Schools Coalition also serves the community within Washington State by ...
6. intervening and advocating on behalf of individual students, educators and families experiencing sexual orientation/identity-based harassment and violence, and
7. holding legislators, school boards and school administrators accountable for making schools safe and free of bias-based bullying and violence, through community organizing and principled activism.
- Kristina Armenakis
- (206) 324-0698
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!