Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission is to Support Small Farms.
Community Farm Connection is a grassroots, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting small farms and sustainable agriculture by bringing our communities directly in contact with the farmers who grow our food. We increase consumer access to locally produced food by developing and supporting innovative new programs or direct marketing opportunities. Our mission is to:
- Raise awareness and knowledge about the variety, freshness, taste and nutritional value of local foods that are available to residents from our regional agricultural producers;
- Provide education to local farmers and small food-based enterprises to increase their effectiveness and vitality;
- Encourage sustainable farming practices for growing and distributing foods to meet the needs of current and future generations that are environmentally sound, economically viable, and socially just;
- Provide educational opportunities for consumers to learn the uses and health benefits of foods grown on regional farms, orchards and gardens;
- Encourage a food secure community based on sustainable regional agriculture and ensure that people in the region have access to healthy, affordable and culturally appropriate foods;
- To show the positive interrelationship between buying fresh, locally grown products direct from the source and helping to preserve local agriculture;
- To preserve Washington’s unique agricultural heritage and enhance the quality of life for North Central Washington residents.
Community Farm Connection is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization committed to supporting small farmers and improving consumer access to locally grown food. We support sustainable agriculture, small diversified farms and our communities by bringing farmers new opportunities to get their bounty to your table.
Working directly with farmers from around North Central Washington, we create cooperative new ways to bring fresh vegetables, fruit, eggs, meat, cheese and other locally produced food into Wenatchee where consumers can find it more conveniently. Here are some of our programs:
Farmhouse Table Local Foods Market: Open 5 days a week, Farmhouse Table offers local meat, dairy, bread, grains, honey, fruits, nuts, and fresh vegetables from a convenient store at 10 N. Mission Street in Wenatchee.
Farmhouse Table CSA: By paying in advance for a weekly box of produce, CSA subscribers directly increase the profitibility of small, diversified farms while receiving a share of the local bounty throughout the growing season.
Farm-to-Chef: Connects chefs, caterers and restaurants directly to all kinds of farms and artisan food operations, allowing them to highlight more fresh, seasonal food on local menus.
Community Harvest: A regional gleaning project in the greater Wenatchee Valley. Community Harvest helps farmers manage excess, un-marketable products and makes that gleaned produce accessible to the local community through the region’s existing emergency food providers.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!