Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
TAC Mission - Sharing the richness, collective journeys, and traditions of the Taiwanese American Experience.
The Taiwanese American Center (TAC) cultivates and enriches Taiwanese identity by providing broad-based resources and programs that inspire, educate, and enrich the quality of life for ourselves and the community at large. TAC welcomes all without regard to racial, ethnic, regional, religious, political or socio-economic background. We strive to:
- Facilitate an understanding of Taiwanese culture and heritage
- Foster community spirit through friendship and teamwork
- Offer programs to people of all ages, promoting a sense of belonging, self-worth, and competency
Our vision is to nurture, support and foster the identity of cross-generational Taiwanese Americans in the Greater Bay Area. We do this by offering dynamic programs, using best-of class professors, and providing facilities which fully serve our local community. Our work is largely devoted to the following:
- Providing educational, cultural and social activities to nurture and support Taiwanese Americans
- Helping integrate the Taiwanese population into American culture
- Protecting the rights and welfare of all Taiwanese Americans
- Encouraging pride in Taiwanese identity and knowledge of Taiwanese history
- Helping to ensure that cultural and historical knowledge will be passed to future generations
- Taiwanese roots, history, tradition, rituals, and culture
- Life-long learning
- Excellence in services and programs
- Democratic decision making
- Financial responsibility and accountability
TAC is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization
- To provide a facility to hold meetings, and offer programs including, education, music, cultural projects and programs, athletic activities and the opportunity to serve in charitable community service projects.
- To enhance the communication among different ethnic groups and communities, and to encourage Taiwanese Americans to have an open exchange with mainstream American society. To promote better understanding, appreciation, cooperation and harmony among different people and cultures.
- To preserve and archive historical manuscripts representing the remarkable history of the Taiwanese American community in Northern California. Identity formation of Taiwan-born immigrants in the United States is less documented than other immigrant groups in the United States. It is useful to understand the extent to which assimilation has affected identity formation, especially in the era of Globalization. Founding members of TAC have taken time to record personal stories and biographies of individuals and families who have immigrated to the United States. This rich history has been captured so that it can be passed to younger generations.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!