Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
How we help
We enhance care and support
- We have local chapters across the nation, providing services within each community.
- Our professionally staffed 24/7 Helpline (1.800.272.3900) offers information and advice to more than 250,000 callers each year and provides translation services in more than 170 languages.
- We offer more than 4,500 support groups and connect thousands of people across the globe through our online message boards.
- We deliver 20,000 education programs annually and offer online information in 17 languages.
- We house the Alzheimer's Association Green-Field Library, the nation's largest library devoted to increasing knowledge about Alzheimer's and related dementias.
- Our safety services, Comfort Zone and MedicAlert + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return , provide location management for people with Alzheimer's who wander.
- Our annual Walk to End Alzheimer's is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support and research.
We advance research
- We advance the understanding of Alzheimer's through our peer-reviewed research grant program.
- We help people find clinical trials through our free service, Alzheimer's Association TrialMatch.
- Our annual Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC) brings together thousands of researchers to share information and findings.
- Our scientific journal, Alzheimer's & Dementia, provides a single publication for the global scientific community to share its diverse knowledge.
- Our professional society, Alzheimer's Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment (ISTAART), is the only professional society designed exclusively for individuals dedicated to Alzheimer's and dementia science.
- We develop policy resources, including Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures, to educate decision makers on the economic and emotional toll that Alzheimer's takes on families and the nation.
- Our advocates engage elected officials at all levels of government and participate in our annual Alzheimer's Association Advocacy Forum, a march on Capitol Hill to meet with elected representatives.
- With our chapters, we work to pass legislation at the federal, state and local level.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!