Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
the mission of the Frederick County Department of Aging is to develop and administer programs and activities that support older adults and adults with disabilities in their efforts to remain healthy, active and independent members of the community, and to provide, coordinate and advocate for services which promote the dignity and enrichment of life for all seniors, persons with disabilities, families and caregivers.
Our organization provides access to resources, services, education and socialization for older adults, and adults with disabilities.
Services available from the Department of Aging include;
* Caregiver Support for families and others providing care, support and supervision of older adults with chronic health conditions.
* Four full service senior centers providing a variety of opportunities for education, personal enrichment, socialization, health and fitness for adults age 50+. In addition, all centers offer a mid-day senior dining program, as well as limited transportation to and from each center.
* Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels) to qualified homebound individuals.
* Long Term Care Ombudsman to resolve concerns about care a patient is receiving at any of the nursing homes or care facilities in the County.
* In-home aides, through the Department of Social Services, providing assistance with activities of daily living to support independent living and prevent premature institutionalization.
* Medicare/Medicaid and other insurance counseling, as well as information and referral to other services in the County to assist older adults and their families. Consumer protection help and advice is also available.
Volunteers provide support in all program areas, and are vital members of the Department of Aging team.
- Kitty Devilbiss
- Need admin access?