Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Hospice Mission Statement
Hospice is a dedicated agency that provides compassionate high quality end of life care. We will achieve this by recruiting professional, caring staff, encouraging patients to become active participants in care, and by creating an atmosphere of supportive leadership. We value strong, mutually beneficial relationships with referral sources, employees, patients and caregivers and community at large.
- Hospice is a special kind of care designed to provide sensitivity and support for people in the final phase of a terminal illness.
- Hospice care seeks to enable patients to carry on an alert, pain-free life and to manage other symptoms so that the last days may be spent with dignity and quality at home or in a home-like setting.
- It is the goal of Hospice to provide palliative and supportive services to meet physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs to the patients and caregivers in the home, health care facilities, or other residential settings. These services will be provided without regard to race, religion, gender or creed.
At Life Choice, we bring life-inspiring care to our patients and their families. What sets us apart, however, is the way our team goes above and beyond to support the much needed "details of life" that help inspire our patients to make every day the best it can be.
From our highly skilled team of compassionate caregivers to our specialized program offerings, such as our pre-hospice and dementia care programs, to the special, thoughtful little touches we provide to our patients every day . . . at Life Choice, we believe hospice care is about focusing on living and being available when our patients and their families need us most.
At Life Choice, we spend more time with our patients than any other hospice care provider. We paint fingernails, apply lipstick, powder noses, massage hands with lavender lotions and comb the silver hair of our patients . . . because nothing gives us more satisfaction than putting smiles on faces and joy in hearts.
What Sets Life Choice Apart
- Our highly skilled and professional interdisciplinary team specializes in providing Life Inspiring Care.
- Each team includes: a physician, registered nurse, certified nursing assistant, volunteer coordinator, social worker and chaplain. Our social workers and chaplains hold advanced degrees and are clinically trained. All team members are trained in Tapestries by Life Choice and understand the importance of massage, music, aroma, pet therapy and other life inspiring interventions.
- Our clinical field teams have one of the lowest patient to staff ratios in hospice (which means more care and visits to our patients and their families).
- We visit our patients in private homes, assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
- We have clinical care teams (nurses, social workers and chaplains) on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our Connections program offers compassion and support to families and individuals who may not yet be eligible for hospice. Connections is designed to ease concerns and answer questions which will help families and patients make better and more informed decisions regarding treatment and care. It is a program offered at no charge.
- Tapestries by Life Choice is a program which focuses on the lives of those with Alzheimer’s and other dementias. This unique educational, intervention and support program was designed specifically to prepare our staff, professionals and caregivers to enhance the life experience of those in the late stages of memory decline.
- Tapestries incorporates life experiences - the "threads of knowledge" - that provide meaning to our patients and their families. It gives them the opportunity to experience the rich tapestry of memorable moments dementia can never take away.
- Our social workers and chaplains provide for the emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and their families. They honor the importance of a multi-cultural and individualized approach.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!