Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To improve the economic opportunities of underserved individuals through empowerment, education, and entrepreneurship for the benefit of the greater community.
MESO provides comprehensive business support services to clients who face multiple barriers to success such as limited education, cultural norms, disabilities, and other challenges associated with being poor in our society. MESO assists each client for a minimum of three years or until clients are able to navigate independently. This is accomplished through one-on-one business coaching and training in business skills and best practices. MESO also offers clients other resources such as tax and financial planning, credit building, and access to capital.
Funded in part by the Portland Development Commission, Northwest Health Foundation, Meyer Memorial, City of Beaverton, United Fund Advisors/Portland Family of Funds, PacifiCorp, State Farm and Sterling Savings Bank, MESO has successfully demonstrated its ability to recruit, stimulate, and support a significant number of small businesses.
MESO Accomplishments: In the last six years MESO has:
- 86% of clients have increased their revenues from 30% to 600%
- 98% of our clients have remained in business after 3+ years
- Placed $950,000 in IDA funds
- Experienced less than a 2.5% loan default rate over a 5-year period
- Assisted clients in creating 139 new jobs
- Created a client industry portfolio that includes: salons, childcare, professional services, food, graphic and interior design, janitorial services, automotive, retail, clothing manufacturing, and shoe repair, to name a few.
MESO clients have helped restore the vitality in distressed neighborhoods, provided employment opportunities, and supported local businesses. Concurrent with their success in business is a notable improvement in personal savings and standard of living.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!