Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Please wait . . .
"The mission of the Florida Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program is to improve the quality of life for all Florida long-term care residents by advocating for and protecting their health, safety, welfare and rights"
- Communicate with residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities to ensure that their needs are being met.
- Volunteers are educated to understand the rights of residents who live in long term care facilities so that they are able to communicate these rights to the residents.
- Volunteers respond to complaints from residents and advocate on their behalf so that issues are resolved to the satisfaction of the resident.
- Volunteers assess facilities at least anually to ensure that residents are satisfied with the quality of care they are receiving. Quarterly vists to facilities is the national standard.
- Volunteers advocate for an enhanced quality of life for all residents.
Would you recommend Florida's Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program?
by Lloyd N. (April 29, 2019)