Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To discover, collect & preserve any material which will help to establish or illustrate the exploration, settlement, development and general history of the Ligonier Valley area. To disseminate historical information as a means of arousing interest in the past. To preserve historical buildings, monuments, markers (not cemetery markers) and other landmarks in Ligonier Valley for the education and enjoyment of present & future generations.
- Compass Inn Museum is an authentically restored 1799 stagecoach stop located along Route 30 in Laughlintown and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Sponsors Living History Weekends at the Compass Inn where artisans and re-enactors demonstrate 18th century and early 19th century skills.
- Offers outstanding field trips at the Inn including hands on projects (also available during Children's Living History Weekend.)
- Maintains several local abandoned cemeteries and preserves Laurel Hill Iron Furnace Located in New Florence.
- Presents lectures covering people, places and events from the past to the present.
- Maintains a records and documents room and a small local history library.
- Hosts popular social events such as the holiday "Festival of Lights" & "Tastes of the Town" showcasing culinary delights of local eateries
- Nikki Bosley
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!