The mission at IJA is to prepare students for life-long learning as responsible, respectful, and well-rounded individuals in an ever-changing society by utilizing the learning communities: STEM, VAPA and ALAS academy programs. This will be achieved by:
• Providing a safe, stimulating and motivating learning environment in which students, staff, parents and community work collaboratively.
• Considering students’ individuality and special talents, while maintaining high expectations and performance levels.
• Implementing a relevant, coherent, and quality curriculum through VAPA, STEM and ALAS.
• Utilizing innovated Instructional practices, using a variety of valuable learning experiences through exposure to multiple disciplines within the academies and providing real world experiences.
• Teaching social responsibility, leadership, and promoting self worth through a character development curriculum.
• Using a global perspective to teach about the interconnection of communities and their environments, fostering tolerance and appreciation for individual differences.
• Encouraging students to maximize the ways in which they impact their world.
• Creating and providing an active partnership between students, parents, community and staff through volunteers and forums.