Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Helping Our Needy Ones Respectfully, Inc. (H.O.N.O.R.) is a faith based ministry dedicated to providing free home maintenance and minor repairs to those aged60 and above.
H.O.N.O.R. recognizes the challenges elders face to maintain their homes as the physical and/or financial limitations of aging take their toll. The goal is to honor these elders and value their worth as one of God's creations by respectfully providing free home maintenance and minor repairs to those aged 60 and above.
H.O.N.O.R. provides minor maintenance and repairs to a population that is vulnerable to exploitation. H.O.N.O.R. mobilizes individuals and teams who have skills and talents to share, a few hours to spare and a heart to serve our elder population.
Examples of Past Jobs Completed:
- Install handrail in bathroom
- Repair outdoor handrail
- Replace toilet
- Fix backsteps
- Pressure wash house, repair wall cracks, paint exterior of house
- Repair wheelchair ramp
- Add kick plate to front door
- Repair back door
- Rescreen front and back doors
- Widen bathroom door for walker/wheelchair access
- Remove old carpet, install sheet vinyl
- Drywall repair and paint bathroom
- Caulk all windows and repair concrete sill
- Take off and replace 12 x 20 ft section of roof on mobile home
- Wash windows
- Repair Electrical Outlet (inoperable) - Porch light (inoperable)
- Mow Yard - 4' high - city code enforcement problems
- Strip and replace porch plywood. Level and stabilize concrete steps.
- AC/Heat not working - check thermostat
- Need ceiling fan with light installed
- Water heater blowing fuses repeatedly - check circuitry
- Repair kitchen sink and drain
- Repair bathroom light switch
- Repair bathroom floor with linoleum squares
- and the list goes on
- Sherry Reeder
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!