Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Busted Foundation was organized for charitable and educational purposes. Specifically, Busted Foundation exists to aid those in medically related hardships through financial or educational assistance.
Busted Foundation will initially focus its’ efforts funding breast cancer patients in California; starting in Southern California then expanding into the entire country as it grows. The goal is to eventually be able to provide charitable assistance to the entire nation. Busted Foundation will be able to quite easily expand its’ educational coverage to the entire nation by creating a comprehensive database of charity programs and grants in a single location. Our operations are funded primarily through contributions from the public, including, but not limited to individuals, nonprofit organizations, government agencies and corporations.
There are a myriad of financial sources available to those in need but most members of the public are unaware of their existence. Busted Foundation will endeavor educate the general public on the wide varieties of public charitable assistance available. Education will take the form of a free website (WWW.BUSTEDFOUNDATION.ORG). The website will host documents and videos detailing both sources of assistance available to the general public and education on the procedures to follow when seeking assistance. This would act as a central location for seekers
Busted Foundation provides financial aid to US women during breast cancer treatment. You get the bump. You get the bill. You're busted.
We have fundraise events in Los Angeles, Houston, Phildelphia year round.
See our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/bustedfoundation
- has donated over $250,000 to 125 local women in the US
- 48% of our grant recipients are women of color
- maintains an online resource listing of other aid and support available to women with breast cancer
- is one of the few breast cancer charities that focuses its work on supplying direct financial help to women
- helps to bridge the gap between insurance coverage and out of pocket costs
- began an emergency fund in 2011 to address immediate needs such as cost of recovery
- enhancing lymphedema sleeves
- hosts an annual signature event, Bowling For Boobies, which raises money for Busted
- events have raised over $325,000 in three cities
- this is the signature event of Busted Foundation and all proceeds go directly to Busted
- started in 2004 for our friend, Edith Speed, who was diagnosed in that same year and lost
- her battle with the disease in 2009
- has celebrity endorsements from Jane Wiedlin, Thomas Lennon, Margaret Cho, Pamela
- Anderson, Rachel Federoff, Destin Pfaff
- raised its first $100K in Los Angeles in 2009 compared to $33K in 2006, just two years
- has received national attention through E! Television news shows including the extremely
- popular, "Ten Spot with Ryan Seacrest" and "Talk Soup hosted by Joel McHale."
- BowlingForBoobies.com is currently ranked #1 on Google and has been prominently
- covered by National Public Radio (NPR), Agenda Magazine and E! Television.
- CHRISTINE MASON
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!