Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Auxiliary Police provide extra "eyes and ears" for the Police Department by performing uniformed foot, vehicle and bicycle patrols. They are trained to observe and report conditions requiring the services of the regular police. Whenever possible, they assist in non-enforcement and non-hazardous duties. The following are some areas in which the Auxiliary Police assist the Police Department:
- Residential and commercial areas
- Community festivals, parades, concerts, street fairs, park patrols
- Subway entrances and token booth areas
- Perimeter of Houses of Worship
- Crime prevention activities
- Traffic control
They are civic-minded men and women who volunteer to assist their local Police Precincts, Housing Police Service Areas, and Transit Districts, by performing uniformed patrol in their communities. They are recruited, trained and equipped by the Police Department. They come from many diverse backgrounds and a myriad of occupations throughout the City, such as computer programmers, mechanics, merchants, nurses, security guards, school teachers, students, etc.
- At least age 17
- Be in good health
- Proof of good character and satisfactory background
- Must comply with Zero Tolerance Department drug policy.
- Able to read and write English
- Be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Live in New York City or live in one of the six authorized surrounding counties(Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange and Putnam) and work within New York City
- You MUST possess a valid NEW YORK STATE Driver License or NEW YORK STATE Identification Card
- Police Officer Pedrosa
- 212 860-6432
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!