Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"Providing Insight for blindness"
The Southwest Florida Council of the Blind (SWFCB) a 501-C(3) Not-For-Profit Organization, is a chapter of the Florida Council of the Blind (FCB) which is an affiliate of the American Council of the Blind (ACB).
Our main purpose is to make life a little easier for the blind and visually impaired in the Charlotte, Lee and Collier Counties of Southwest Florida. "Information" is the key to becoming an independent and confident blind individual. The SWFCB can help. We do this by providing a place to network with other blind people who might be encountering or who have overcome the same type of problems. Chances are quite good that you will gain some kind of insight regarding a problem or can help someone else.
- We do advocacy work regarding blind related issues and keep up to date on what is happening that can have an impact on the "blind community".
- In addition to our monthly meeting, when interest is shown we schedule special group activities such as picnics, day trips etc.
- We have fundraising events, such as Blind Bowl-A-Thons and Blind Fishing Tournaments, to ease the financial burden to members who wish to participate in our social events. Our goal is to en-able as many members as possible become involved in ACB, FCB and SWFCB activities.
- We are also giving back to the community with our new Scholarship Program! To help the blind or visually impaired high school student further their education or vocation.
- We are also trying to attract young members with our outings and social events! We realize that our organization must attract young members to stay vibrant, healthy and moving forward!
- We have recently started our Lois A. Kilgore Annual Scholarship! Given out each year to a deserving blind or visually impaired graduating high school student going on to further either their education or vocation!
We meet the 3 rd Saturday of each month.
First Assembly of God Church Campus
4701 Summerlin Rd.
Fort Myers, Florida. 33919
In the Eagles Nest Cafeteria
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Business meeting from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Lunch: Noon to 1:00 p.m. Available for purchase.
(The menu is planned ahead and is very reasonably priced and always good.)
We usually have a speaker, open forum or planned activity lined up for the last hour.
We encourage you to come to one of our meetings and check us out.
- Michael Ulrich
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!