Wildfires are devastating communities across California, causing more than 300,000 people to evacuate their homes and threatening many more. The Camp Fire in Northern California -- one of three blazing across the state -- is the most destructive in state history. We want to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you find access to shelter. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know the most effective ways to contribute.
Help for African Students, IncHelp for African Students, Inc
Infectious diseases, civil war, and political corruption and instability are the lot of far too many African countries which are also, unfortunately, among the poorest of the world. Though a number of upstanding organizations dedicated to facilitatin... Read more
Infectious diseases, civil war, and political corruption and instability are the lot of far too many African countries which are also, unfortunately, among the poorest of the world.
Though a number of upstanding organizations dedicated to facilitating the survival of these afflicted populations are already in existence, a greater emphasis on long-term solutions and radical changes is desperately needed. At H.A.S. we firmly believe that the only people capable of bringing such changes about are Africans themselves, especially theFlagse young men and women that populate African university campuses today. They are the future of the continent of Africa and our main focus at H.A.S.
Our objective is very simple: to assist and guide them towards a brighter future by providing them with critical information related to educational opportunities. At H.A.S. we have adopted the following slogan--"Information is the driving force to success"--because we acknowledge the key role information plays in both personal and national development. Information is a powerful tool; used efficiently, it can save lives.
Although we are in the era of a global information explosion and life-changing opportunities flood the internet, access to this information remains limited for many Africans because of financial hardships, language barriers, and other attendant obstacles. At H.A.S., we have engineered simple programs and techniques to help lower these barriers.
(1) We facilitate student’s access to the millions or billions of dollars scholarship money that floods the internet each day through a custom-made website updated daily/weekly
(2) We raise awareness among members of the international community, governmental agencies and other Non for Profits working in various areas of Africa, on the necessity to zero in on African students as a mean of seeking long term solution for these regions.
(3) We initiate, encourage and facilitate networking / exchange
(4) We regularly publish newsletters containing latest information regarding upcoming/active scholarships and other training opportunities in the U.S. and around the world.
(5) We offer free of charge, via email especially, a helpful hand to students in desperate need of any education related advice and other academic orientation.