Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Everyone Reading is a leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and individuals with dyslexia and related learning disabilities through high-quality professional development for teachers, increased public awareness and support for families. Working as partners with schools, teachers, parents and other experts, we strive to eliminate educational inequities and create excellent learning opportunities for all students
Everyone Reading promotes research-based classroom instruction in reading and writing, offering a full range of services:
- Our annual conference is the leading event of its kind in the tri-state area, combining the latest in LD theory and practice for professionals and parents. We offer opportunities for teachers to share best practices and provide parents with much-needed information and support to get their kids the help they need.
- Over 5,000 people annually turn to us for free information and referrals.
- We train over 1,500 teachers and professionals each year using quality professional development, an essential element in helping teachers become more effective.
- Our intensive tutoring boosts the reading skills of children who come to us reading two or more years below grade level, while training teachers in research-based instruction. By program end, over 80% of kids read on or above grade level.
- We educate the public through community outreach, support groups and advocacy.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!