Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
EDCI provides a pipeline of high-quality services from cradle to college and career for children and families in East Durham, NC.
EDCI serves a distressed 120-block area in East Durham, NC referred to as the EDCI Zone. Residents of the EDCI Zone face multiple challenges to their long-term success including high rates of poverty, crime, child maltreatment, and food insecurity.
EDCI's vision is for every child in the EDCI Zone to graduate from high school, ready for college or career. Our wraparound supports include a low-cost, bilingual preschool, childcare access, parent education, health and nutrition programs, out-of-school learning, and more.
EDCI's six organizational goals are:
- Children are healthy and ready to learn.
- Children are prepared for kindergarten.
- Parents and caregivers are engaged in their children's educational success.
- Children are academically proficient.
- Children graduate from high school ready for college and career.
- The EDCI Zone is a safe, healthy, and economically thriving community.
In just five years of operation, EDCI has enrolled more than 1,000 children in its pipeline of services.
- Lauren Stephenson
- Need admin access?