Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to work in partnership with older adults, families, and the community to secure information and services that maximize independence and quality of life.
- Provide a caring person in the life of a homebound senior
- Help seniors access necessary services, allowing them to age in place
- Provide support in the process of maneuvering through information and program options
- Maximize independence and quality of life
- Offer seniors friendship and an ear for listening
Purpose and Objectives: Recruit compassionate and caring volunteers with a sincere interest in seniors. Human service experience and knowledge is preferable. The volunteers will conduct friendly visits and provide independent living support for home bound seniors and their families. All volunteers will be trained to provide objective information that will help keep seniors (60+) in their homes. Through engagement of the volunteers, and partnering with community organizations, we will expand the Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Friendship Corps group to 25 volunteers and match them with a minimum of 25 homebound seniors. The volunteers will effectively assist homebound consumers to identify and access a wide range of home and community outreach based resources. The work of these volunteers is to provide objective information, advice, assistance, and to empower seniors to make informed decisions. Friendships will be formed and resource information will be shared.