Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Annually, Relay For Life brings together more than 4 million people worldwide to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, remember loved ones who have lost their battle, and empower individuals and schools to fight against this disease. Through Relay, the American Cancer Society raises much-needed funds for its work of preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and patient services.
- School/ Community Event: 12-hours of activities, including an overnight stay.
- Celebration: The cornerstone of Relay is celebrating Cancer Survivors.
- Remembrance: Those who have lost their battle to Cancer are remembered at Relay.
- Walking: Teams of 8-15 people take turns walking the track throughout the event.
- Campsites: Provide a place where team members can relax between walking the track. Most teams stay at the event overnight.
- Ceremonies: The Opening ceremony, Survivor Lap, Luminaria Ceremony, and Closing Ceremony bring deep meaning and emotion to Relay.
- Entertainment and Activities: Relay also is an opportunity to enjoy music, entertainment, activities and food.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!