Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
AVENUES is non-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation chartered by the state of Missouri designed and designated to *support the rights all adults and children to live free from gender-based violence; *assist survivors with regaining control of their lives following domestic and sexual violence, and *provide emergency shelter to victims of domestic and sexual violence in the northeast Missouri counties of Clark, Lewis, Marion, Ralls, Pike, Monroe, and Shelby.
AVENUES believes that:
- in order to eliminate gender based violence, such as domestic and sexual violence, it is necessary to address the roots of violence;
- violence is a tool of oppression that is based on inequality of gender, race, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and ethnicity;
- violence is based on power and control of one person or group of persons over another person or group of persons;
- domestic violence, sexual assault/abuse and harassment are the manifestation of gender based oppression and are perpetrated through an inequality of power;
- victims are never responsible for the violence perpetrated against them;
- everyone has a right to live without fear and violence;
- social attitudes and understanding of domestic and sexual violence and other types of gender based violence can and will change;
- the generational cycle of violence can be broken;
- perpetrators of violence must take responsibility for their violence;
- Sarhea Vandiver
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!