Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The San Diego County Sober Living Coalition (SDSLC) Mission is to provide education, training and assistance to owners, operators, developers and managers of housing intended to accommodate persons living with disabilities who desire to live in a family style alcohol and drug free living environment.
The SDSLC shall also be a resource for residents of member homes for information on available housing, their housing rights and to provide grievance mediation and other services and supports designed to help residents maintain their housing and live in a safe, supportive environment
The primary objectives and purposes of this corporation shall be:
1. The corporation acts as a member association of individuals, corporations, sole proprietorships, nonprofits and other parties that wish to operate homes designed to support disabled adults in family-style alcohol & drug free residences, also known as sober living environments or homes.
2. To provide education, training and technical assistance to its members
3. To be an integral part of the San Diego County recovery community and act as a provider of affordable and supportive housing
4. To establish, maintain and enforce best practices and operating standards of all homes.
5. To be a housing resource for residents and others in San Diego County who seek affordable housing in an alcohol and drug free environment.
6. To increase recognition of the need and value for the homes we operate
7. To be a resource for alcohol, drug treatment, law enforcement and other county services who seek to place persons in an alcohol and drug-free environment.