Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Drumthwacket Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit, non-partisan organization, is to increase a sense of community and pride in New Jersey by preserving the Drumthwacket properties and broadening public access; furthering awareness of the Drumthwacket Foundation and its activities and expanding civic understanding amongst New Jerseyans. Drumthwacket is the official residence of NJ Governors.
Since 1982, the Drumthwacket Foundation has completely restored the house, furnished it with period antiques, restored the gardens, restored and furnished the Olden House, and opened the house for visits by thousands of New Jersey’s citizens and school children.
The Foundation . . .
- Acts as curator for the public rooms of the house. Much like the White House, the Governor uses Drumthwacket to hold meetings, host receptions and welcome visitors from around the state and world.
- Acquires important New Jersey-related art and furnishings through loans, gifts and privately donated funds.
- Conducts toursfor more than 10,000+ visitors a year.
- Hosts field trips from schools from around the state. The Foundation is very proud of the Discover Drumthwacket school field trip program, whereby children from New Jersey’s less affluent school districts are provided with bus transportation to Drumthwacket and box lunches. This program is partially funded by a generous grant from Wachovia. Nutritious lunches for participating teachers and students from these low-income, or Abbott, districts are generously provided by our local Saker ShopRite.
- Continues to restore and preserve the historic elements of the house and gardens.
- Educates visitors about the Revolutionary War history of the site, the architectural features of the house and grounds, the prominent families who owned the house, and how the house is used by the sitting governor.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!