Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Torture Abolition and Survivors Support Coalition International (TASSC) is the only organization founded by and for torture survivors. Our mission is to end the practice of torture wherever it occurs and to empower survivors, their families and communities wherever they are.
In the spirit of non-violence and with the hope of achieving justice and social change, TASSC is dedicated to:
- Abolishing torture and ill-treatment currently practiced by more than 138 governments.
- Advocating for the immediate implementation of Article 5 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and all other relevant treaties and conventions.
- Breaking the silence surrounding torture by giving voice to survivors through outreach, education, and advocacy.
- Ending military assistance, training, and arms sales to governments that torture.
- Ending impunity for the architects of torture and those who order, justify, and practice it