Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
JOBS NOW AND JOBS IN THE FUTURE!
Third Bridge Now is focused on the economy, safety, and the environment.
We need a Third Bridge between Vancouver and Portland, Now!
Provides more routes for safety, less congestion, and air pollution. While removing designated freight and hazardous material routes out of several neighborhoods in WA and OR .
Helps I-5, I-405, I-84, I-205, HWY26 and you!
Please visit our website thirdbridgenow.com
The Third Bridge Corridor is an alternative that adds multi-modal capacity across the rivers, and connecting I-5 Freeway with direct freeway access to the ports and industrials. The ports and industrials areas will be on one continuous corridor with direct freeway access to I-5 Freeway, HWY-30, and Swan Island.
Proposed Third Bridge Location:
- The northern end connects to the I-5 Freeway at Mill Plain in Vancouver Washington.
- As a viaduct adjacent to Mill Plain Extension’s alignment a 6- lane freeway turning west toward the Port of Vancouver.
- The new freeway then parallels the Transcontinental Rail Line know as the "Center of the project area" and the "Heart of the I-5 Corridor."
- Provide access to the Port of Vancouver, waterfront area, Hayden Island, Marine Dr., Columbia Corridor, Lombard, across to Highway 30 west of Linnton at Newberry Hill and 124th.
- A tunnel to Swan Island creates access to downtown Portland and a second access off the Swan Island. Local access is provided between Vancouver, Hayden Island, the North Peninsula, and Highway 30.
Entirely multi-modal 6-general purpose lane freeway includes a Land Bridge with bicycle and pedestrian access the entire 7 miles. Possibly the first in the nation to have bike, ped access between our ports and industrial area, from our downtown’s and residential areas including the 40 mile loop. The addition of transit services, and new heavy speed rail bridge with tunnel to Swan Island, and Rose Quarter.
Safety and Health
Removes freight and overflow traffic from neighborhood streets adjacent to I-5 Freeway, ports, and industrial in both states.
More bridges provides more route for safety between our two states, for Hayden Island, and Vancouver.
The bridge over the Willamette into the Rivergate area will reduce freight and regional traffic off the Historic St. Johns’ Bridge and town center.
Viaduct in Vancouver removes surfaces level port and industrial traffic off of neighborhood streets with grade separate freeway.
Construction without interruption to I-5 freeway, or current roadways cost less and is environmental friendly.
As bare vacant publicly owned land construction can start immediately. 24-Hour a day construction inside industrial area.
The bridges on this alignment are already in the adopted Oregon Regional Transportation Plan of 2000.
The Third Bridge Corridor will provide jobs now, and needed infrastructure for jobs in the future. This new freeway infrastructure will bring density in the industrial attracting business.
- Removes traffic from the I-5 freeway, I-205, I-84, I-405, and HWY-26.
- Less traffic going thorough center of Portland
- Construction causes no congestion.
- Creates new parks and viewing areas.
- Addresses safety issues, cleaner air, helping the economy, environment, and adding a new freeway that will not increase urbane sprawl.
- Direct access to our ports and industrial areas from residential areas, downtown Vancouver, and Portland.
` www. Thirdbridgenow.com / Sharon Nasset 503.283.9585 / email@example.com
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!