Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Clark County MRC is to establish a network of local volunteers who are willing to donate their time and expertise to supplement existing public health and local resources during emergencies and other times of community need.
The Clark County MRC unit is community based and functions to locally organize and utilize volunteers. When a public health emergency or natural disaster occurs, the need for volunteers will be tremendous. Clark County MRC will be used to supplement existing emergency services when a disaster is of a magnitude that overwhelms those existing resources. Further, Clark County MRC volunteers can provide relief for overworked workers in the event of an emergency.
What Can MRC Volunteers Do?
Support local public health initiatives and the goals of the Department of Health by:
- Promoting disease prevention
- Improving health literacy
- Eliminating health disparities
- Enhancing Public Health
Assist local hospitals and health departments with surge personnel needs.Participate in mass prophylaxis and vaccination exercises and community disaster drills.Train with local emergency response partners. And more...
What is the Purpose of a MRC?
- Recruits health professionals and non medical people into volunteer service
- Train and educate members
- Assist with surge personnel needs
- Participate in nonemergency essential public health services, such as health education and community outreach
- Integrates volunteers and first responders for emergency response
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!