Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Episcopal Farmworker Ministry responds to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families, and actively supports opportunities for them to become self-directive. We seek to minister to farmworkers in three principal ways:
- through direct services
- through development and support of programs that work towards the empowerment of farmworkers
- by encouraging leadership development, advocacy, and education aimed toward a systematic change of agricultural policy at local and state levels.
We work to change the world of farmworkers and the system that keeps them captive. We offer the following programs and services:
- Immigration assistance
- Visitors' program
- Sacramental ministry
- English as a Second Language classes
- Adopt-a-Camp program
- Leadership program for farmworkers
- Farmworker festival in September
- Clothing distribution
- Food distribution
- Christmas gift distribution
- Easter basket distribution
- Distribution of school supplies for children
- Alcoholics Anonymous program
- Courses to prevent domestic violence and help for those who fall victim
- Planned parenthood programs, which include information regarding pregnancy prevention and sexually transmitted disease education for teens and their parents
- Naomi Hammeke
- (910) 567-6917
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!