Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation's leading nonprofit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF directs an outstanding 78% of monies raised towards providing research, education and advocacy for those affected by hepatitis and other liver-related diseases.
We provide research, education, and advocacy for the more than 30 million Americans affected by liver diseases, including hepatitis.
Leading the Way to Liver Health: Our strategies for fighting liver disease in its many forms.
Promoting health through education.
Awareness and education are the most important tools we have to prevent and treat liver disease. The American Liver Foundation offers a range of programs and services to patients and their families, health care providers, and the general public, including:
- Educational seminars and workshops on the latest treatments, research breakthroughs, liver wellness, transplant issues, and other liver-related topics.
- Support groups to help patients and their families cope with the emotional stress of liver disease.
- Helpline run by a professional staff, providing up-to-date information on liver diseases including hepatitis.
- Hepatitis screening programs for community groups and at risk populations.
- Comprehensive library of educational materials including brochures, articles, and toolkits on specific diseases, liver wellness, research and more.
- National awareness campaigns drawing broad attention to liver disease and liver health.
Improving public policy through advocacy.
The American Liver Foundation is a leading advocate for the people with liver disease, providing testimony, expertise, and counsel on their behalf. The Foundation actively encourages local, state, and federal policy makers to advance medical research and public health education programs.
Spurring medical advances through research.
Our Research Awards Program encourages young physicians and scientists to build careers in the field and contribute to the growing collection of liver research. Since 1979, the Foundation has provided more than $20 million in funding to clinicians and scientists engaged in liver research.
- Mark Jiang
- 415-248-1060 x15
- Need admin access?