Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Inform, inspire, and mobilize public support for policies to end hunger, poverty, and social injustice though grassroots action.
The Chicago Oxfam Action Corps is a volunteer initiative within Oxfam America.
Chicago Action Corps meets on the Third Thursday of each month ( usually at 56 W randolph) at 6pmWe seek to inform others on the issues and connect them with avenues to ask policymakers to support change by:
- Delivering presentations at schools, colleges, and churches.
- Holding monthly meetings.
- Connecting with concert-goers with our information and action tables.
- Sending action alerts and volunteer opportunities by e-mail.
- Participating in festivals and conferences.
- Posting updates on the web.
- Visiting visiting elected officials and their staff members.
- Organizing rallies and vigils.
- Letter writing and petitions.
Oxfam Action Corps Chicago's mission is to inform, inspire, and mobilize public support for policies to end hunger, poverty, and social injustice through grassroots action.
Who We Are
Action Corps is 100% volunteer-driven with its efforts supported by Oxfam America. Action Corps volunteers come from all backgrounds: students, teachers, community organizers, recent grads, nurses, even small business people. Some volunteers put in an hour or two a month, others put in an hour or two a day. Everyone is welcomed to get involved at any level -- the only requisite is enthusiasm and a passion to help the world’s poor.
- chicago oxfam
- 847 797 9163
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!