Muscular Dystrophy Patients United
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Health & Medicine
- People with Disabilities
LocationLapeer Rd.Burton, MI 48509 United States
Muscular Dystrophy Patients United is 100% Non-Profit, 100% run by volunteers, and 100% dedicated to improving the lives of those currently living with Muscular Dystrophy.
All profits made through donations and fundraising go directly to patients in need of services. We strive to get anything else donated such as office space and our volunteers are not paid. If we were to pay our volunteers, we would apply for grants as all money earned is for services.
Our goal is to provide the following list of services to those with Muscular Dystrophy who live within the seven regions we serve.
- Advocacy Services
- Special Clinics & Doctors
- Support & Care
The Regions we Serve Currently are:
Southeast & Mid-Michigan - NW Ohio
- Region #1 - Greater Flint - Genesee, Livingston, Shiawassee, and Lapeer Counties
- Region #2 - Detroit Metro - Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, & Wayne Counties
- Region #3 - Lansing - Hillsdale, Ingham, & Jackson Counties
- Region #4 - Ann Arbor - Lenawee, Monroe, Washtenaw Counties
- Region #5 - Toledo -Defiance, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Lucas, Williams, Wood Counties
- Region #6 - Lima - Allen, Auglaize, Hardin, Mercer, Paulding, Putnam, & Van Wert Counties
- Region #7- Sandusky/Mansfield - Crawford, Erie, Huron, Marion, Ottawa, Richland, Sandusky, Seneca, & Wyandott Counties
MDP is the brainchild of Dominick Evans. Dominick is a 25 year old with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type III. Together, with a dedicated set of hardworking volunteers, Dominick wants to get the message across that people with MD are not helpless, are not to be pitied, and can do anything they set their minds to doing.
By providing modifications, advocacy, mentoring, and other services, MDP (Muscular Dystrophy Patients United) hopes that individuals with MD continue to live successful, prosperous albeit adaption-friendly lives.
It was very important that MDP be run 100% by volunteers because all of the services are so costly, it is imperative that every CENT goes to patient services.
Through MDP, patients will receive hope of a future as opposed to thoughts of a death sentence. There is no pity at MDP. All are equal in the eyes of the staff, and everyone from all walks of life that has MD can benefit from the services that can and will be offered by this organization.