Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Helping youth in crisis
The Bridge for Youth is the premier resource for youth and families in crisis. We ensure a continuum of care to provide shelter and support, to reunite families whenever possible, and when it is not, to build independent living skills in young people. The Bridge for Youth is a community leader in the development of approaches for youth and their families to resolve problems and develop healthier relationships.
- We value the ideas, contributions, and potential of young people.
- We honor the worth, competence, and integrity of families in all their forms.
- We welcome, understand, and encourage diversity among our staff, clients, and colleagues.
- We promote excellence among our staff, volunteers, and interns, and honor their contributions.
- We are passionate about working with young people and their families.
Since 1970, The Bridge for Youth has played a critical role as our community's 24-hour access point for youth and families in need, directly accessible without waiting lists, fees or red tape.
Each year the demands grow, with increasingly complex cases in our emergency shelter and increased need for transitional and permanent housing. With a dedicated staff and strong support from the community, we help hundreds of youth each year get off the street and into safe shelter, reunite with families and build skills for a better life.
The Bridge for Youth offers the full continuum of services needed to help youth and their families.