Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Mercer Alliance to End Homelessness is to ensure that every resident of Mercer County has access to permanent, affordable and safe housing. The Alliance is a partnership of leaders from government, business and the non-profit sectors that banded together in 2004 to create a plan to prevent and end homelessness in Mercer County, NJ. As the first New Jersey non-profit devoted to this goal.
1) implemented an award-winning public awareness campaign;
2) developed a successful homelessness prevention strategy by partnering with the City of Trenton, banks and the IRS to increase applications for the Earned Income Tax Credit (see chart below);
3) demonstrated the programmatic success and cost effectiveness of a Housing First approach to ending chronic homelessness in New Jersey through a three-year pilot for 64 households, which is saving the public $9,429 per person per year;
4) launched a new, coordinated system of homelessness services, focusing prevention efforts on those most likely to become homeless and rapidly rehousing those who do become homeless;
5) set up a county-wide pilot to rapidly get Federal disability benefits for those who are eligible, using a national best practice model known as S.O.A.R.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!