Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to provide information, support and coordination of resources to empower and improve the quality of life of disadvantaged children and their families in a culturally sensitive environment.
VCRC services are offered in both English and Spanish and are focused on prevention and the empowerment of families. We provides access to community events, resources, and focus on improving neighborhood conditions for families in Brentwood and the surrounding area. We acheive this by focusing on three main areas: education, health and social services.
- After School Academy
- Homework assistance with all subjects K- 8 th grades
- Intersession Enrichment programs
- T.I.G.O./Contigo (available through a partnership with First 5)
- Summer Swim Program and Junior Lifeguard Classes (Sponsored by the Department of Parks and Recreation)
- A partnership with John Muir Mobile Health Clinic to offer free medical services in English and Spanish to Contra Costa County residents and homeless who have no health care provider every Saturday of the month.
- Physical exams, women’s health clinic, treatment, prescriptions, education and consultation
- Diabetes Education Classes
- Referral Services
- Translation and Advocacy Services
- Food Stamp Outreach
- Food Distribution Thursdays from 11:00-12:00pm
- Volunteering opportunities for youth and adults (completion of community service hours)
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!