Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Achievers by Choice is to equip individuals from underserved populations with the social and academic skills and the knowledge to graduate from high school and college. We provide a supportive educational environment of high expectations to encourage individuals to set and achieve personal and educational goals.
Youth in grades 1-12 from low- to moderate-income families who belong to groups at risk of dropping out of high school and those who are underrepresented in institutions of higher education will benefit from our services. Adults who are high school dropouts and those with less than a bachelor’s degree also benefit. The organization is based in Navasota and currently provides services in Navasota to youth participating in IMPACT and to youth in Bryan/College Station.
ABC objectives are to:
- Equip participants with the social and academic skills and knowledge to be successful in school, at home, and in the community.
- Increase the number of students who take the SAT or ACT who obtain a score to meet the criterion for college admission;
- Reduce the high school dropout rate;
- Increase the number of individuals from underrepresented groups who enroll in postsecondary education programs.
- Increase the number of adults who graduate from high school or receive a GED (General Education Diploma);
- Ruby Stevens-Morgan
- Need admin access?