Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Children within our community will have a safe environment in which to grow and play, free from accidental injury.
Safe Kids Athens is a grassroots coalition, whose mission is to prevent accidental injury among children fourteen and under within our community through:
- Community partnerships
- Public awareness
- Distribution of safety equipment and education on its proper use.
- To create successful partnerships with organizations and individuals in our community.
- To create social and physical environments which promote safety for the children within our community.
- To raise public awareness of the threat accidental childhood injury poses to our community.
- To educate and instruct families on the methods to prevent accidental childhood injury
To achieve these goals, Safe Kids Athens provides child passenger safety inspection events, bike rodeos, and helmet dispersals. Community events provide education on safety measures geared towards preventing injuries in children 14 and younger.
- Kathy Sego
- Need admin access?