Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Foundation for Recovery promotes the positive impact of addiction recovery in the community and in the lives of individuals and families affected by the disease of addiction. Our programs, services and partnerships open pathways for recovery by removing social barriers and creating opportunities for those seeking recovery.
The state’s only Recovery Community Organization, Foundation for Recovery actively promotes the positive impact of addiction recovery in the community, and works to remove social barriers and create opportunities for those in recovery. Since its founding in 2005, FFR has been working tobecome the leader in peer support services in Nevada. We provide:
- A free peer recovery drop-in center, the ONLY source of peer recovery support services in Nevada, where individuals receive social support, referrals to community resources and agencies, and access to computers, phones and employment information.
- The state’s ONLY Peer Recovery Coach training program, which certifies up to 60 people per year to serve as recovery coaches, to staff the recovery drop-in center.
- Low-cost meeting space for 12-step fellowships and other support groups. "The Rooms," located at 2625 S. Rainbow Blvd. in LV, are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days a year.
- Helping Young People Experience Recovery (HYPER), a youth-led initiative that advocates for recovery by providing information and peer support, and by promoting healthy choices for adolescents and young adults.
- The Southern Nevada Recovery Resource Directory, a comprehensive guide to community resources distributed FREE to non-profits, medical facilities, law enforcement and social service agencies, veteran groups, courts, educators and counselors.
- Workshops for the community on current and critical issues topics related to substance abuse. These workshops include:
- PARENTS: You Matter, which helps parents talk productively to their children about drug use
- Medication Use Safety Training (MUST) for seniors or their caregivers; and
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Training for women of childbearing age, or service providers
- Kris Darnall
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!