Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit publicly funded charity whose mission is to strengthen the support systems in the lives of children with apraxia so that each child is afforded their best opportunity to develop speech.
1. To provide multimedia information on CAS to families, professionals, policy-makers and other members of the public.
2. To create and support networking and partnership opportunities for parents and professionals to benefit children with CAS.
3. To facilitate better public policy and services for children affected by the disorder.
4. To provide training and educational opportunities for families and professionals.
5. To encourage/fund research in childhood apraxia of speech and to co-sponsor a biennial scientific research symposium.
Every year CASANA host a charity walk that takes place in various states throughout the United States. The walk that is requesting volunteers will take place in St. Petersburg, Florida on Saturday, October 20th. The charity walk's purpose is to raise money to help provide apraxic children and their families with more aggressive effective treatment and educational workshops as well as information regarding the latest research and medical information that is available. CASANA also provides educational workshops for professionals who are geared towards learning more about apraxia to enhance their profession. Lastly, CASANA is our nation's leader in funding for reasearch to find the cure for apraxia.