Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to provide high quality after-school intervention and enrichment programs to at-risk teenagers living in low-income areas in Los Angeles. Through academic tutoring, mentoring, and focused music instruction, we will give students the tools and the confidence to succeed.
Everybody Deserves Music was founded in July of 2011 and implemented our first after-school program at the Los Angeles Leadership Academy Middle School during the 2011-2012 school year. The organization was founded not to replace or compete against already existing after-school programs, but to supplement them by offering students an amount of support that can only be achieved through a small student to teacher ratio. Different students have different needs. While some may benefit most from participating in a wide variety of activities in various subject areas, some benefit more from very intensive, specific instruction in one or two areas. Our program was designed to help the latter group.
Everybody Deserves Music provides after-school services Monday-Friday from 3:30-6:00 PM, for a total of 12.5 hours per week. During the after-school hours, students receive:
- Peer tutoring/homework help
- Small group instruction in mathematics
- One-on-one tutoring in mathematics
- Small group instruction in guitar and keyboard
- Private instruction in guitar and keyboard
- Opportunities to further learning through technology (math and music programs on iPads)
- Opportunities to speak with adults about personal problems in a safe environment
- Jenny Goldberg
- (424) 242-8297
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!