Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is
- To advocate for the realization and enhancement of the full spectrum of human and civil rights for persons with Down syndrome
- To address social policy issues and conditions that affect the growth and the potential of persons with Down syndrome
- To gather and disseminate accurate information regarding Down syndrome
- To promote public awareness and a better understanding of Down syndrome
- To encourage partnerships between parents and medical and educational professionals concerned with Down syndrome
- To provide support to families of children with Down syndrome
- To encourage quality services for persons with Down syndrome
We are a statewide organization of people who have Down syndrome, their families, friends and interested professionals. We help reach out to new parents and parents-to-be, and help our families support one another through education and social events.
The Buddy Walk is our biggest fundraiser -- it provides 90% of our yearly operating expenses. Walkers collect pledges for completing a short walk on a groomed, accessible trail at Hammonasset State Park. Following the walk, there is music, food, family entertainment and good company.