Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
VIDA VOLUNTEERS is a lay volunteer community of service, simplicity, and justice in Southern Colorado. This ecumenical program offers individuals an opportunity to live out their call to service by challenging social injustices, walking with those in need, working for peace, and caring for the earth.
VIDA VOLUNTEERS are offered a challenging opportunity to explore intentional community living, to work for justice, to live simply, and to put their faith into action.
- Volunteers are chosen on the basis of abilities, desire, and placement needs (a college diploma or equivalent life experience is required).
- VIDA VOLUNTEERS is a service-based program that welcomes any person who can embrace our mission. One's spirituality is an integral part of this service and we welcome the gift of diversity.
- All of the basic needs of VIDA VOLUNTEERS are covered.
- Volunteers receive: Room and board
- A monthly stipend
- Health insurance
- Orientation and retreat
- When available through AmeriCorps:Student loan deferments, AmeriCorps Education Award
- VIDA VOLUNTEERS work in non-profit human service agencies and churches, as teachers in under-funded schools, as nurses in hospitals and clinics, and as advocates for the homeless, victims of domestic violence, refugees, migrants, youth, the elderly, and other under-served groups of people.
- The Vida program places volunteers in January and August each year. Applications are processed on an on-going basis. A minimum one-year commitment is required.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!