Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To awaken compassion in our children, ourselves, and our world.
To inspire, promote, connect, and build deep connection around holistic collective action. To address the challenges in the regional community that are the root causes of suffering. To co-create communities where:
- women and families have a safe and stable place to live,
- adults become economically self-sufficient,
- children and youth are educated and trained in the skills needed to lead responsible and fulfilling lives, and
- all people live with dignity and equity, free from racism, discrimination, and violence.
Compassionate Seattle is part of a worldwide emergence of what has become known as the Compassionate Communities Movement, inspired by two significant events:
- the 2008 Seeds of Compassion event in Seattle, which was anchored by the deep wisdom of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, and
- the awarding of the 2008 TED Prize to Karen Armstrong, for her wish to create a Charter for Compassion, which was subsequently developed through the contributions of thousands across the globe, and unveiled in November 2009.
In 2010, Seattle became the first city in the world to affirm the Charter for Compassion and commit to becoming a compassionate city. Subsequently, more than 250 other communities around the world have each pledged to join the Compassionate Communities movement. Compassionate Seattle was created in 2010 as the holder of this vision for Seattle, and as the hub of community action needed to make this vision a reality.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!