Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Want to learn more about this School?
Pioneer Preparatory School
Check out their profile on GreatSchools!
Our mission is to offer a first class education to every child.
The mission of Pioneer Preparatory School: A Challenge Foundation Academy is to provide a rigorous and relevant college-preparatory program, grounded in our belief in the ability of every child to succeed at a high level. Through well-coordinated support, a strong partnership with families, and close attention to results, our students will consistently meet and exceed academic standards ensuring their success as future college graduates and life long learners.
- Create a safe, welcoming and supportive classroom for each learner.
- Teach, practice and model the behaviors of learning.
- Build strong relationships with every child and every family.
- Communicate with and support students and families.
- Recognize effort, growth and achievement in every learner.
- Come to school every day, prepared and ready to do their very best.
- Practice and model for others the behaviors of learning.
- Respect themselves, their classmates, their teachers and our school.
- Work hard and do their personal best at all times.
- Take responsibility for their learning and conduct
- Help children arrive on time and prepared for school every day
- Read with children, help with homework and check book bags nightly.
- Reach out and respond to teacher and school communications.
- Talk daily with children about school and encourage them to do their best.
To accomplish this, Pioneer Preparatory School will enhance the Arizona State curriculum with the Core Knowledge curriculum to create an overall program of study that will include the depth and breadth necessary to meet the needs of all students.
Pioneer Preparatory School, a Challenge Foundation Academy, is a K-8 charter school located in the neighborhood of Maryvale which is located in the west valley of Phoenix. Pioneer Preparatory School serves a demanding population in many different aspects. 82% of our students are English language learners, 91% qualilfy for free or reduced lunch, 12% homeless and the neighborhood is plagued with high crime rates. Our students and families are working hard to break the cycle of poverty and crime to make a better living for themselves.
- Tawnie Weaver
- (623) 933-3733
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!