• ORGANIZATION PROFILE
  • Hard luck hounds Hard luck hounds

Causes

  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon

Volunteer with us!

VIEW AS
Subscribe Get an RSS feed of these Opportunities
Please wait . . .

Mission Statement

"Saving the Last Ten Percent" - Hard Luck Hounds helps the longest-stay dogs at Austin Animal Center find forever families. Each HLH has a waived adoption fee, and comes with a free wellness exam and crate.

Our goal is to make our city truly No Kill!

Description

We are a small organization working to find forever homes for those dogs stuck at Austin Animal Center. As it is defined by the law, "no kill" means that 90% or more dogs are not put down. However, that leaves 10% of the dogs that do get put down. As a result, an average of 5 dogs per day are euthanized. We want to change this statistic and give these dogs the chance we know they deserve!

Website

http://Www.hardluckhounds.org

Contact

Reviews

BE THE FIRST TO RECOMMEND THIS ORGANIZATION!
Would you recommend Hard luck hounds?

Engage your employees, consumers, or students! VolunteerMatch provides the tools that make community involvement easy.