Historical Foundation of Hillsborough and Orange County
- Arts & Culture
Location201 N Churton StHillsborough, NC 27278 United States
The mission of the Historical Foundation of Hillsborough and Orange County is to enlighten and engage our community and visitors from around the world by preserving and interpreting the history of Hillsborough and Orange County.
The Foundation was formed in 2007 through the merger of the Hillsborough Historical Society and the Orange County Historical Museum.
- Operate the Orange County Historical Museum.
- Collect, preserve, catalog, and house historic artifacts and documents relevant to Hillsborough and Orange County history, applying professional techniques towards this end.
- Use the foundation’s collections as a tool for educating the public about our history through exhibits, in-house and outreach programs, public lectures, publications, and special events.
- Make historic documents, artifacts, photographs, and other records available to those researching Hillsborough and Orange County history.
- Provide support and assistance for historic preservation efforts in Hillsborough and Orange County.