Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- enable volunteers to raise funds for specific shelter projects and needs in coorporation with the city of Pflugerville.
- To operate a financial entity that will primarily allow tax deductible donations for the Pflugerville Animal Shelter and other animal organizations working to save the lives of animals in shelters.
- To support and promote animal welfare issues focusing on the City of Pflugerville
- Educate the public on animal welfare issues
- Follow and stress the philosophies of the No Kill Advoacy center, including Low Cost spay and neutering.
Pflugerville Pets Alive! (APA!) is becoming a 501(c) 3 (nonprofit) organization (our status is still pending) run exclusively by volunteers.
We will work on innovation and programs to create and maintain a no-kill community for the pets of Pflugerville.
We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets of Pflugerville find safe and healthy homes, establishing programs that benefit the pets in the shelter, and informing the community of Pflugerville that they can come home to shop and find their next pet at the Pflugerville Animal Shelter.
Our Top 2012 Goals
- Provide training and/or boarding to dogs that need basic manners or a break from the stress at the shelter
- Assist Pflugerville Animal Control in becoming part of No Kill Central Texas
- Continue to learn and implement activities and programs learned from Open Admission No Kill shelters and American Pets Alive
- Provide an freezer that will allow volunteers to provide dogs with Kongs to promote mental stimulation
- Provide a weather resistant bulletin board to display lost pets in the shelter
Our Long Term Goals
- Provide flea and tick pest spray on a regular basis
- Supply the shelter with nutritional cat and dog food (where the first ingredient of cat and dog food is not filler) while pets are in the care of the city.
- More channels for our adoptable dogs to get exercise, mental stimulation, and outdoor time.
- A system in which stray dogs get some time away from their indoor kennel
- Outfit the stray side of the shelter with a means for the stray pets to experience better lighting
- PPA Volunteer Coordinator
- Need admin access?