Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Foster Care Alumni of America is a national non-profit association that has been founded and is led by alumni of the foster care system. We use the term alumni to describe those of us who have been in foster care during our childhood/youth.
The mission of FCAA is to connect the alumni community and to transform foster care policy and practice, ensuring opportunity for people in and from foster care.
Foster Care Alumni of America is currently accepting applications for a Treasurer to serve on its Board of Directors. This is a volunteer leadership position. Board terms are three years in duration.
The duties of the Treasurer are:
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives
- Apply an understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations
- Serve as financial officer of the organization and as chairperson of the finance committee.
- Manage, with the finance committee, the board's review of and action related to the board's financial responsibilities.
- Work with the CEO to ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place.
- Work with the CEO to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis.
- Assist the CEO in preparing the annual budget and presenting the budget to the board for approval.
- Commission and review the annual audit and answers board members' questions about the audit.
- Attend board meetings via electronically or in-person.
- Commitment to FCAA’s mission and to FCAA’s alumni constituency.
- Professional accounting skills and experience.
- Systems and strategic thinking and a "big picture" perspective.
- Ability and eagerness to deal with vision, values, and the long-term.
- Ability to participate respectfully in deliberation.
- Willingness to delegate appropriately to the CEO.
- Commitment to creating an anti-racist, culturally competent, and diverse organization.
- First-hand experience with the foster care system is a plus.
- Community organizing or development experience.
- Nonprofit governance experience.
- Experience with strategic planning for an organization.
- Knowledge of public policy; advocacy experience; policy development experience.
- Located in the Northern Virginia area.
For more information or to apply, please contact FCAA’s Board Chair- Chauncey Strong at VAchapter@fostercarealumni.org or Amanda Chandler-FCAA Director of Operations at email@example.com.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!