Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
SOTM is a Life Skills Mentoring organization empowering individuals to reach their full potential.
The vision of SOTM is that each individual has the life skills needed to succeed.
To provide life skills mentoring to individuals 13 and older:
- Intellectually: By offering life skills training classes, sponsoring life skills seminars, workshops and other life skills educational events. Encouraging leadership development personally, professionally and relationally.
- Emotionally: By providing a place where individuals can safely vent emotions, change self-defeating behaviors and search new and healthy options.
- Spiritually: By providing a religion-free environment and helping individuals to reconnect to their spirituality.
- Physically: By encouraging the development of healthy habits and developing internal as well as external beauty. Providing an outreach for the community.
SOTM, Inc. - Supporting Others Through Mentoring is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The SOTM Life Skills Mentoring concept is based on assisting individuals in developing their absolute best. SOTM recognizes the limitless influence of healthy men and women to our communities, families, churches and workplace. Therefore SOTM believes it is imperative that we pay close attention to the well being of our most valuable community assets - its people. We believe communities cannot grow until its people grow. In that schools, companies, churches, families and communities only succeed when the people that make them up succeed.
We seek to serve, support, esteem and empower individuals in the community.
SOTM CORE VALUES
- Maintaining cultural sensitivity that enables all to participate.
- Love, support, worth, understanding and acceptance are openly expressed.
- A strong sense of cohesion.
- Differences in opinions and perspectives are valued.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
- Life Skills Mentoring
- Life Skills Training
- Life Skills Counseling
- Community Outreach
- Dominique Dor, M.A., LPC-S
- (972) 709-1180
- Need admin access?